2/03/2008

Microwave Smell?

Courtesy of http://www.cheapskatemonthly.com Great site for those hard to answer cleaning, budget, cooking, really anything QUESTIONS!

"I have discovered that if you fill water to the half way point in a microwave safe soup bowl and add a teaspoon of dishwashing detergent, then heat on 50% for 3 minutes that the steam produced softens tough baked on or burnt food spills. When the microwave finishes the 3 minutes I simply grab a paper towel, and wipe down the walls, ceiling and floor of the microwave. Repeat as needed. This also takes out those odd food smells that remain in the microwave after warming food."

"The easiest way to clean the baked on food from inside your micr0wave is to use vinegar. Fill a coffee mug half-full with vinegar and put in the microwave for about two minutes. Take a cloth and wipe away the gunk. If it is still not coming off easily, cook a little while longer. It works GREAT!"

EASY CLEAN. I needed a way to clean my microwave when I could not get rid of the smell and splatters from a garlic dish. I wet two large paper towels with warm water and laid them on a paper plate. I squirted Dawn dishwashing liquid all over the top and put it in the microwave oven on high for two minutes. When I opened the door, the oven smelled fresh and I could easily wipe the particles from the inside. It looks like new. J. K., email

No comments: